Our approach to leadership development is different to most providers:
- We don’t use PowerPoint slides or other forms of ‘downloading information’
- We don’t use generic examples or case studies
So what do we do?
We use a group coaching approach which consists of Guided Discovery, Problem Solving and Reflection. In practice this means:
- We use a half circle of chairs, no tables, and a whiteboard
- All examples and scenarios we work on are sourced from the participants
- The group aims to solve each problem under our guidance
- We bring in concepts/tools as needed during problem analysis
- Sessions are 2-3 weeks apart with tasks to do in between sessions
- Each session starts with follow-up on individual homework
In our group coaching about 80% the time is used for working through issues brought up by the participants. This means all new content is explored in the context of the company culture and the people involved, making the sessions immediately relevant and practical application straightforward.
Our group coaching is highly interactive and challenging as participants are compelled to map their own day-to-day experiences onto the concepts and explanations provided. Although not always a comfortable experience, the depth of learning vastly exceeds what can be achieved using conventional training approaches.
This approach is highly valued by the vast majority of participants, even though it requires some courage to explore issues that involve people known to the group in a semi-public forum. We use a strict set of ground rules to ensure confidentiality and to safeguard integrity.
Group size is limited to 12 for our Group Coaching.
If you would like to know more, please give us a call on 0418 124 660.